Sexual health: data introduction
The topics covered in this section of the website are:
- Teenage pregnancy and terminations
- Sexually transmitted infections
- High risk groups
- Long Acting Reversible Contraception
- Sexual wellbeing
For more data on sexual health (including teen pregnancy) see the ISD Scotland website.
In recognition of the need to take a wider view of data to provide high quality sexual health information, two divisions of NHS National Services Scotland (ISD and Health Protection Scotland), are collaborating in the Data Augmentation for Sexual Health (DASH) work. This joint data development work supports service planning and redesign for sexual health by providing information to support and monitor the implementation of sexual health policy/framework as well as the Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS) sexual health service standards.
The data on these pages are mainly derived from:
- Information Services Division (ISD) publication Teenage Pregnancies, year ending 31st December 2014(614KB).
- ISD publication Long Acting Reversible Methods of Contraception in Scotland, year ending 31 March 2016(667KB).
- Health protection Scotland (HPS) STI surveillance reports.
- The 3rd National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles (NATSAL-3) Scotland report.
Please note: If you require the most up-to-date data available, please check the data sources directly as new data may have been published since these data pages were last updated. Although we endeavour to ensure that the data pages are kept up-to-date, there may be a time lag between new data being published and the relevant ScotPHO web pages being updated.