Allergic conditions: key points
- Allergic mechanisms contribute to a large number of different diseases and have both acute and chronic effects.
- Diseases with an allergic basis include allergic rhinitis, asthma, food intolerance and reactions to drugs and to wasp and bee stings.
- Most allergic conditions are treated in primary care.
- There is a lack of good quality information on rare but severe conditions such as anaphylaxis.
- The last major update of this section was completed in September 2016.
- The next major update is due to be carried out by end September 2017.
Page last updated: 01 September 2016