Suicide: data introduction
The following suicide data pages present information on
- trends and patterns in suicides in Scotland
- suicides by NHS board
- suicides by local authority area
- the relationship between suicide and deprivation
- suicide in different parts of the UK
- suicide internationally
- suicide and mental health services, including patient suicides.
Table 1 shows the dimensions and geographies for which suicide data are available.
Table 1: Data availability for Scotland
|Data dimensions/geographies||Numbers and rates||Historical trends|
|By age group||Y||Y|
|By deprivation group||Y||N|
|By NHS board area||Y||Y|
|By local authority area||Y||Y|
|Comparison with UK/GB||Y||Y|
Note also that our Community Health & Wellbeing Profiles include data on suicides, and comparisons can be made across a wide range of geographies in Scotland.
Data on suicides in Scotland are available in the spreadsheets