Scottish policies and strategies: introduction
This section of the website provides a short index to Scottish Government policies and supporting information relevant to population health, and particularly to population health improvement. Its purpose is to provide a quick reference tool with links to relevant documents and web pages.
Please use the left-hand menu to navigate the pages in this section and browse the policies index. An outline of the pages is given below, as well as an A to Z listing of policy areas.
Outline of pages
- Social, economic and cultural context: Health inequalities, Socioeconomic inequalities, Literacy.
- Topics: Alcohol, Drugs, Food and healthy eating, Mental health and wellbeing, Oral health, Physical activity, Sexual health, Tobacco.
- Healthcare / conditions: Autism, Cancer, Coronary heart disease and stroke, Dementia, Hepatitis C, Tuberculosis.
- Populations: Early years, Teenage transitions, Older people, Carers, Communities, Equality and diversity, Homeless.
- Settings: Education, Healthy environments, Local government, Workplace.
A to Z
- Coronary heart disease and stroke
- Early years
- Equality and diversity
- Food and healthy eating
- Health inequalities
- Healthy environments
- Hepatitis C
- Learning disabilities
- Local government
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Older people
- Oral health
- Physical activity
- Sexual health
- Socioeconomic inequalities
- Teenage transitions
This section is reviewed and updated on an on-going basis. We endeavour to keep it up-to-date, but there may be a time lag between new policy and related information being published / announced and these web pages being updated. We will carry out a full check of these web pages annually, with the last and next review dates given below.
- The last major review of this section was completed in June 2016.
- The next major review is due to be carried out by end March 2017.