Scottish national data schemes
This section of the website gives an overview of the key national data schemes in Scotland used in public health intelligence, including:
- Primary care data collected by ISD Scotland, including the Quality & Outcomes Framework (QOF) and historic Practice Team Information (PTI) data.
- Secondary care data collected by ISD Scotland, including hospital general and acute inpatients and day cases (SMR1), maternity inpatient and day cases (SMR02), and cancer registrations (SMR06). For other specialised databases maintained by ISD Scotland (for example, Scottish Drug Misuse Database, national dental inspection programme, national smoking cessation database, mental health inpatient and day cases (SMR04)), please refer to the Key data sources pages in the relevant website sections.
- Mortality data collected by National Records for Scotland (formerly the General Register Office for Scotland (GROS)).
- The last major update of this section was completed in March 2015.
- The next review of this section is due to be carried out by March 2016.